Medical Sciences Academy gives our students many opportunities and some of them are listed below:
- 9th grade: Health Science 1 = Anatomy and Physiology
- 10th grade: Health Science 2 = CPR card, over view of medicine, disease, trauma, emergency care and health careers.
- 11th grade: EKG /*Directed Study = learn how to be an EKG tech, take industry exam.
- 12th grade: Allied Health = Learn how to be a CMAA (Certified Medical Administrative Assistant) and take CMAA industry exam.
- *Directed Study Internship = on the job training, shadowing, mentoring various clinics and health care facilities.
- EKG Technician
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant – Billing, Coding, procedures for administration in a doctor’s office, clinic or hospital.
College Scholarship: GOLD SEAL BRIGHT FUTURES
- Take 3 years in the medical academy
- SAT 440 /440 – Overall GPA 3.0
- Must join HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) – competitions across state. Must wear scrubs. Visit www.hosa.org
- If you are interested, please go to http://miamimagnets.org and apply online by January 15, 2014 OR you can also print the magnet application and mail it to the address listed on the first page.
- Any questions? Please contact Ms. Zelniker at LZelniker@dadeschools.net